IUE is hiring! We are currently looking to fill the positions listed below.
Available Position: Geospatial Apprentice
Available Position: Maritime Geospatial Specialist
Available Position: Java Developer I
Available Position: Java Developer II (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst
Available Position: GIS Analyst
Clearance: Applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must be a US Citizen, and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
IUE, LLC. is seeking Maritime Geospatial Specialist at our headquarters in Haiku, Maui, HI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees training efforts ensuring that employees understand the product specifications and production methods.
- Mentors junior techniques as needed.
- Responsible for executing Quality Assurance measures against geospatial data.
- Performs a variety of daily and weekly output tasks, which are concerned with design and implementation of integrated systems, including personnel, hardware, software support facilities, and equipment.
- Works on specific phases of systems programming applications.
- Presents and validates solutions to team members and customers.
- Works independently and collaboratively with teams.
- Works in accordance with established policies.
- Must be able to maintain schedules.
The person who fills this position:
The specialist position is a Senior to Mid-level position that will be executing Quality Assurance measures against geospatial data as related to nautical charts, maritime surveys, imagery, and other related inputs and sources.
They will be required to use GIS software to manipulate, query, and validate geographic features, datasets, graphics, & other miscellaneous/custom-design outputs for a government customer. They will be required to train, assist and mentor team members, organizations, and support groups in nautical chart symbols, contract-specification guidance, and imagery interpretation among related fields.
The position requires a candidate with direct maritime navigation experience. They must have general maritime domain awareness to include, but not limited to, knowledge of buoyage protocols, hydrography, international symbol sets, and experience with the resources, publications & websites that support each field. The task requires daily and weekly outputs; therefore, only self-motivated candidates with high aptitude and desire for continuous process improvement should apply.
- Typical Education and experience: Bachelor's degree in a GIS, scientific, or equivalent discipline and 2-5 years of related experience.
- Direct maritime navigation experience.
- Nautical charting or maritime navigation experience.
- Planning, chart design, data selection, quality control and quality assurance, and chart production.
- Knowledge of various projections and scales used on nautical charts.
- Knowledge with the colors, symbols and abbreviations presentations on nautical charts.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Willing to participate in team projects.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Experience working Government Contract and direct experience producing Maritime products.
- Hands on experience using ESRI
- Digital Nautical Chart (DNC) Content Management services including: Continual Maintenance (CM), Data Cleanup (DC), Vector Data Updates (VDU), New Library Collection (NCL), or New Source Incorporation (NSI).
- Navy Quartermaster Experience.