IUE is hiring! We are currently looking to fill the positions listed below.
Available Position: Geospatial Apprentice
Available Position: Maritime Geospatial Specialist
Available Position: Java Developer I
Available Position: Java Developer II (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst
Available Position: GIS Analyst
Clearance: Applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must be a US Citizen, and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
IUE, LLC is seeking a Geospatial Apprentice in our headquarters in Haiku, Maui, HI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform various GIS related and administrative tasks.
- Works on specific phases of systems programming applications.
- Presents and validates solutions to team members and customers.
- Works independently and collaboratively with teams.
- Works in accordance with established policies.
- Must be able to maintain schedules.
The person who fills this position:
The candidate will be performing various GIS-related tasks and support functions. They will be required to use GIS software to manipulate geographic data for a government customer, producing daily and weekly outputs. They will be trained in various support activities related to overall project objectives.
Support functions may include, but are not limited to: parsing and reviewing downloaded information, researching source documents, organizing various reports, documents and files, utilizing quality control steps, maintaining metadata and metrics, and coordinating these efforts with fellow team members.
Additionally, they will be required to analyze, edit and validate geographic data and attributes.
- Bachelor's degree in a GIS, scientific, or equivalent discipline and more than 1 year of related experience.
- GIS experience using ESRI products.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Willing to participate in team projects.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Overall interest in maps, charts, spatial data and elements.