IUE is hiring! We are currently looking to fill the positions listed below.
Available Position: Maritime Geospatial Specialist
Available Position: Java Developer I
Available Position: Java Developer II (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Analyst (TS/SCI)
Available Position: GIS Imagery Analyst
Available Position: GIS Analyst
Clearance: Applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must be a US Citizen, and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Responsible for working with team lead to ensure builds and releases of applications or systems, as required by contract.
- Performs a variety of tasks, which are concerned with design and implementation of integrated systems, including personnel, hardware, software support facilities, and equipment.
- Works on specific phases of systems programming applications.
- Presents and validates solutions to team members and customers.
- Works independently and collaboratively with teams.
- Works in accordance with established policies.
- Must be able maintain schedules.
The person who fills this position:
Will be responsible for Java/J2EE/J2SE application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
Analyzes, designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements web sites, web applications, and infrastructure.
Performs hands-on coding, mentors junior developers and assists in architecting web content solutions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Java programming experience.
- Relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i).
- Strong experience developing and implementing technical solutions in a J2EE web environment.
- Experience developing in an Agile programming environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Willing to participate in team projects.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Sun Certified Programmer/Developer for Java 2 Platform.
- Experience with GIS Desktop applications - ArcGIS
- Experience with Python, Flex, Silverlight and PHP
- Experience with ArcGIS Server JSF API
- Experienced with GIS standards - WMS/WCS/WFS/KML
- Experience with JSOM, REST, SOA/SOAP, XML
- Experience with NASA World Wind JAVA API